Brian Cohen Guitars: Private Treaty Sales Terms
- This scheme is designed to bring buyers and sellers together, and facilitate the private sale or purchase of their stringed instruments. The ownership of the instrument does not pass to SoundPost, or Brian Cohen, at any time during the process. A commission of 10%, plus VAT on this commission, is charged after the sale is completed.
- The value of the instrument will be assessed and agreed prior to being offered for sale. Any commission due by the seller will be based on this agreed sale price. The minimum agreed value for any instrument to be included on this scheme is £3500.
- New handmade instruments included by the maker in this scheme will carry the full warrantee as offered by the maker concerned.
- The instrument needs to be in good playing condition, or put into good playing condition before being offered for sale. We are happy to discuss this before committing to entry for sale and quote on any work that will be needed. Any adjustments, strings, fittings etc. that are later fitted to the instrument in order to promote or facilitate a sale will be charged to the owner, payable either when the unsold instrument is collected, or added to the commission invoice at settlement time, but these costs will be discussed with the owner prior to carrying out any further work.
- The instrument must be insured by the owner, but while out on any approval, the potential buyer will be covered on our own limited approval insurance. The instrument cannot be withdrawn from sale while out on approval, and the seller must commit to a minimum period for sale of at least 6 months. All costs and responsibilities for collection or delivery are the responsibility of the owner.
- Should the owner wish to withdraw from the sale prior to completion of the minimum offer period, this can only be done if the instrument is not out on approval or a sale is not under negotiation, and some prior notice must be given.
- Any buyer wishing to part exchange an instrument can themselves enter their instruments for participation in this scheme subject to the same 'terms' as for all sellers.
- Sellers will be notified when there instrument is out for approval and kept updated as to current status.
- The Seller will be asked to formally sign for their agreement to these Terms and Conditions.